Thursday, January 5, 2012

Mom...What's a Chemtrail?

I wanted to give a little history on how my latest book "Mom...What's a Chemtrail?" came to be.




Every Christmas, my side of the family pick names out of a hat, and whomever you choose, you have to make a present for, and the limit of money to use is around $15.

This last year, I chose my Mom's name.  Since I had finished my other children's book, "Never Catch a Netherpott" (shameless plug), I thought it would be fun to do something along the lines of another book.


What first popped into my head was the title.  "Mom...What's a Chemtrail?"  My Mom got into a bit of a habit of listening to the radio show "Art Bell" when she would wait up until my brother and I got home late at night while we still lived at home.  If you aren't familiar with Art Bell, his show focuses on conspiracy theories, aliens, supernatural phenomenon and other things of that sort.  So, over time, my Mom would bring some of the subjects up in conversation, and now it's become somewhat common place that some of our conversations still veer into this subject matter.  It makes for fun conversation, though frankly, some of it is kinda terrifying.

So, I thought it would be pretty funny to put these subjects into a picture book.  And based on my Mom's reaction when she opened it...well, I couldn't have asked for better.  I figured I'd put it out for sale in hopes to get many others to have the same reaction.  I hope they think it's funny too.


No comments:

Post a Comment