Saturday, August 20, 2011

Never Catch a Netherpott

First the book.  Then the blog.

Here is the first post the the blog of "The Never Adventures".  It's supplemental to the books that are part of "The Never Adventures of Ethan Bell".

Just released!  Check it out here on Amazon :

link to the book on Amazon

Never Catch a Netherpott cover
The story for "Never Catch a Netherpott" started as an assignment I had done while attending The Institute of Children's Literature.  I wrote it intending to submit it to magazines as a short story. 

It evolved.

I started messing around with drawing again, and to my pleasant surprise, I could still decently draw.  So, after some edits, some hours logged on GIMP (a program like Photoshop), and learning a desktop publisher, I put together this little book.

After some serious thought, I decided to go the "self-publishing" route.  Since I did the art as well as the story, and the cover design and interior layouts, I figured I could give it a try on my own.  I figured most traditional publishers do most of that work in-house, and I may have gone beyond the phase in which they are looking to use, in terms of writers.

So, no publishing contract, no bragging rights, etc.  Though I do know this.  I followed through with something.  I kept going, when normally I would've stopped or started something else.  I learned a ton.  I am having fun.  I am hard at work on the 2nd book.

Not bad.

And hey, please take a look.  I would be humbled.

No comments:

Post a Comment